Tuesday 20 April 2010

Cover Me Up

As Charlie mentioned, all 3 of us purchased 125 magazine yesterday. It got me thinking, why? I personally, have never bought 125 before yet I felt instantly compelled to buy it. The answer to this was it's front cover. The front cover of this issue particularly is striking and unusual and it gave me the sense that the inside would live up to the front page. This made me realise just how important the front cover is and even more so when purchasing a magazine I haven't come across before (as our SB readers will be). Alex from feverzine reinforced this is in his lecture with us by saying that is the front cover that sells and he's right. As I sifted through my collection of magazines, I wondered just how many I had bought on impulse because the front cover appealed to me (many probably that I lost interest with after turning the front page). This is something we will need to consider very early on for SB. In this case you can most definitly 'judge a book by its cover!'



P  X

No comments:

Post a Comment