Sunday 9 May 2010

A step back in time...

When me and Kim started our adventure on foot around the parts of Nottingham (which to us remain unseen) we discovered a cultural gem in the form of the '1940's knees-up hosted by the Brewhouse Yard Museum.

The revival day saw people dressing up, swing dancing, becoming ration sellers and paramedics and even a RSPCA rescue worker; cars that were driven in 1940's were parked on the museum's courtyard and had people living in the era reminising and reliving the many memories they each had.

One thing you dont associate with the era of war and depression was romance and happiness and both of the qualities were clear when we were speaking to the various characters throughout the day. I throughly enjoyed my step in time and made me think just how different things are today, I'm writing an article on our step back in time.... so you'll have to wait until then to read my full story.















Charlie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment